Thubten Tamdrin was born in 1971 Araknang in Kham province of Tibet. He became a monk in 1978 and started his Buddhist studies there, including philosophy, debate, logic, Buddhist psychology etc. He escaped from Tibet and joined the Sera Jey Monastic University where he continued his studies of Buddhist philosophy, grammar and other subjects. He studied under various renown scholars, including Geshe Wangchen Norbu, former Abbot of Sera Jey Geshe Phudrug, Geshe Pema Gyaltsen, Geshe Tsekha, Geshe Shakya, grammar teacher Geshe Thinley Ngodup, Geshe Ngawang Delek, Geshe Chopen, Geshe Jampa Kunchog and others.
Now Thubten Tamdrin is American citizen and speaks fluent Tibetan and English.
- Currently Self-Study on Tibetan Grammar & Buddhist Philosophy.
- (CNA) Certified Nursing Assistant, completed since 2003 in New Jersey.
- In 2001 River-side English Language skill in Manhattan, NYC.
- Computer Key boarding I & II classes completed in 2003 from Queens, NYC.
- Sera Jhe University – Bylakuppe, India. Bachelor’s in philosophy 1997.